Likes - Activity - TVAjay - Arkio

Using Arkio to Support Job Recruitment

Super nice use case Jay! I love how you are using ATV’s to get around these large sites and pop on some Quest headsets in the field with clients. 🙂 Thank you for sharing these examples and ideas with the Arkio community.

We’ve heard the request for geospatial anchoring from other users and are looking forward to more examples.


Integrating Arkio with 3DS Max

Jay,
I’ve been using Arkio on sites to present projects to clients. I’ve had the same limitations with realistic materials and shadows. I found an acceptable solution. I use 3DS max to export a GLB model with baked lighting and use the GLB file on the headset. There should also be a way to export a …


eGSE Interop and Annotations

Welcome @TVAjay and thanks for sharing a bit of background about yourself and your work. I’m sure our community would also love to see some examples of these mixed reality use-cases if you have something cool to share in our Studio.
It’s pretty magical to see a virtual model fit in real-world locations.


Preliminary Models in MR

I’m excited to share my latest passion project: designing architectural features in VR using Arkio, all set in the great outdoors! 🤗

At first, I didn’t know what VR was, and I was always very skeptical when it came to advanced technology, often finding myself against …


General Discussion on Movement in Arkio

Hello,
I am new to Arkio, and I am learning the basics. So far I am loving the app but I find it difficult to move just by teleporting. I want to walk instead, not in reality but digitally. Is there a setting to change that?
Thanks you

Welcome to the Arkio forum! You can move yourself around in Arkio using the grip buttons on your controller to pan forward/back. If you briefly grab and switch between two hands like a “ski pole” movement, you can imitate walking to navigate your scenes without teleporting.


Anchoring Position in Mixed Reality

Something I wanted to draw attention to is a common issue that most people encounter with mixed reality, which is incorrect floor height/scale. If you feel like your model is much smaller than it should be, or maybe the floor height isn’t aligning to where you’re standing, then you will want to follow …


Spatial Anchors Pro Tip

A little quiet in here lately 😴 but let’s change that with another Friday pro-tip! To kick off the weekend we wanted to shed some light on spatial anchors and how to utilize them with the lock position command.


Beta Demo and Feedback Calls

Hi @beta testers,
I’m planning to start a bi-weekly beta demo and feedback open call to demonstrate some of the latest features, show what we are currently working on, answer questions, and hear feedback from our users.


Visualizing Project Development

In line with my research on hypercontextualization methods, this architectural excerpt demonstrates how framing can influence the perception of a place. The inability to see the horizontal context can limit understanding, and my goal with this project is to create a better visualization experience.


Rendering for Enhanced Understanding

Seeing my Revit model in Arkio for the first time was an exhilarating experience. Walking through my design at a 1:1 scale brought a new level of immersion and understanding. My recent works included some exciting projects focusing on landscaping solutions to enhance community involvement.


Palo Alto Pollinator Path Concept

Pollinators need help crossing busy four-lane streets here in sunny Palo Alto, California. Here, I imagined a thickly planted structure to provide a bridge from one side of the Embarcadero Road Pollinator Corridor Project to the other.


Creating a Reading Spot

I saw this piano room and immediately thought it would be a great reading spot! 📚🎹🛋️ Next time I’d like to try creating a library outside! (modeled with the Quest Pro).


Utilize XR for Enhanced Decision-Making

I’m an architect and a huge advocate of using XR to enable effective decision-making in facility design, construction, and operations. When I’m not helping you realize tangible business benefits from using Arkio, you can find me remodeling my rustic cabin.