Likes - Activity - Claudia - Arkio
Claudia
Claudia is a moderator
Background:
Architecture
I am an architectural designer and instructor with a deep passion for creating beautiful and functional spaces. I have a keen interest in the innovative applications of VR and the capabilities of Revit, which I incorporate into my work to push the boundaries of architecture.
The Design Futures Exchange
The Design Futures Exchange has been a more-than three-year partnership in the architectural education of students at Arizona State University (ASU) in the U.S., and An-Najah National University (NNU) in the West Bank. The project has been supported by the J. Christopher Stevens Virtual Exchange Initiative.
VR Class Reflection
This year, I took the VR class that focused on design, technology, and collaboration. Throughout the course, I learned many new skills and gained hands-on experience with different tools and projects. One of the most interesting parts of the class was working with 3D models and 3D printers.
I had a great experience during this class. Using Arkio VR to design and build structures for our city project was a fascinating process. It was exciting to create in VR and see our ideas come to life in a new way. At first, Arkio was difficult to use and it took some time to learn the controls, but eventually, I found it very enjoyable.
This year in the VR City class was honestly a really memorable experience, filled with collaborative activities to build a city using Arkio in VR. Each person was responsible for contributing buildings or structures that represented the UN Sustainable Development Goals, helping me understand the environmental challenges our world faces and how technology can help.
Thank you! Arkio is amazing software.
Building Our Ideal City — A Student Design Project Update
Our class has been designing a city from the ground up using Arkio, starting with a 2D map poster and working our way toward a full 3D printed physical model. As a group, we made decisions about zoning, transportation design, and the overall layout of the city to achieve a sustainable approach.