Likes - Activity - Claudia - Arkio
Claudia
Claudia is a moderator.
- Role: Ambassador
- Location: Poland
I am an architectural designer and instructor with a deep passion for creating beautiful and functional spaces. I have a keen interest in the innovative applications of VR and the capabilities of Revit, which I incorporate into my work to push the boundaries of architecture.
Background:
- Architecture
VR Class Reflection
The main thing I learned this year is that starting with a concept as vague as designing a model city around the UN Sustainable Development Goals is actually workable. The class was split up by SDG, and each person was responsible for contributing buildings or structures that reflect their assigned goal.
In this year’s VR class, I learned about virtual reality by designing my own buildings in Arkio. We used the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals as a guide for our projects, which helped me understand the environmental challenges our world faces and how technology can help solve them.
Project Summary
Virtual City – A Collaborative 3D Modeling and Game Design Project
At Kulturskolan in Mjölby, a group of students took part in a creative project that combined 3D modeling, digital design, and collaborative play. Using Blender, the students designed and modeled a variety of 3D objects related to their virtual city projects.
Building Our Ideal City — A Student Design Project Update
Our class has been designing a city from the ground up using Arkio, starting with a 2D map poster and working our way toward a full 3D printed physical model. As a group, we made decisions about zoning, transportation, and the placement of various buildings, focusing specifically on sustainability and community needs.
I took the VR class that focused on design, technology, and collaboration. Throughout the course, I learned many new skills and gained hands-on experience with different tools and projects. One of the most interesting parts of the class was working with 3D models and 3D printers.
I had a great experience during this class. The virtual reality class using Arkio was an engaging and memorable experience that showed both the strengths and the difficulties of learning through immersive technology. Overall, I found the class to be very fun and enjoyable because it offered something different from a normal classroom setting.
Lessons Learned
- Creating in VR: Using Arkio to design and build buildings for our city project was cool; it allowed us to see our ideas come to life in a new way. At first, Arkio was difficult to use and took some time to learn.
- Collaboration: The project encouraged teamwork, allowing us to share ideas and design strategies in a collaborative environment.
- Real-World Challenges: The experience highlighted the importance of considering real-world challenges in our design decisions, ultimately aiming for sustainable solutions for future urban developments.