Walking instead of teleporting - Help - Arkio
Walking instead of teleporting
post by al.lodeiros on Dec 20, 2024
Hello,
I am new to Arkio, and I am learning the basics. So far I am loving the app but I find it dificult to move just by teleporting. I want to walk instead, not in reality but digitally. Is there a setting to change that?
Thanks you
Me too
74
views
post by Johan on Feb 7, 2025
Welcome to the Arkio forum!
You can move yourself around in Arkio using the grip buttons on your controller to pan forward/back. If you briefly grab and switch between two hands like a “ski pole” movement you can imitate walking to navigate your scenes without teleporting as you will keep a bit of momentum while throwing yourself.
In Arkio it’s possible to teleport through vertical planes (to allow you to teleport inside buildings and through doors) but this can be a bit tricky in complex 3D models so the grips give you finer control. We’re also looking into adding a dedicated fly mode in Arkio in the coming updates for users who are looking for an alternative way to walk around.