How to import OBJ and MTL - Help - Arkio
How to import OBJ and MTL
post by Arkio on Apr 19, 2024
post originally from Espen Færavaag da Silva
I’m sure it’s a simple solution, but I can’t for the life of me import an OBJ file with the MTL file. I have tried both cloud import and directly putting them in the device, either both files separately or in a zipped file. Whatever I do, only the OBJ file shows up and it does not have any textures… Any tips?
post by Arkio on Apr 19, 2024
I figured it out! MTL files only tell you where to find the textures, they don’t actually include the textures. I needed to adjust the export settings of Blender (my preferred 3D editor) by setting “path mode” to “copy” to actually create duplicates of the textures in the exported directory. I then zipped them all together and uploaded to the cloud.
Related topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity |
|---|---|---|---|
| Locking the build plate and .OBJ file import | 3 | 145 | Apr 2024 |
| Import dialog | 1 | 47 | Oct 2024 |
| Baked Map from Unity | 1 | 134 | Apr 2024 |
| Importing OBJ File, can you override Axis? | 5 | 277 | May 2024 |
| Textures from unity to arkio | 1 | 56 | Nov 2025 |